View of Thiepval Wood



The road is the D73, facing north-west towards the River Ancre and away from Thiepval Village. This is the sunken road across which the Ulster Division attacked on 1st July, 1916.

On the skyline to the left is Thiepval Wood with Connaught Road Cemetery in front of it. On the other side of the road are the trees which surround the Ulster Tower.


© Karl W. Murray, 1996


Return to Maps & Pictures page